Tails is Hiring!
Tails Pet Supplies & Services first opened in November 2007 filling a much desired need for pet supplies in Rossland. Tails has established itself as a leader in providing the very best for animal companions in the local community. We pride ourselves on our customer service standards, our passion for animal welfare and the desire to provide locally made products to our customers whenever possible.
Job Description - Full-Time Service Associate/Supervisor – Rossland
Tails is looking for a friendly, animated and informative ambassador to start a long lasting career in our Rossland store. The new team member will first and foremost provide prompt, efficient and friendly service at all times. A passion for animals and their welfare will make you an asset to the local pet community. Reliability and a willingness to learn will make you the best employee in Rossland!
We are looking for someone who wants longevity with Tails and a willingness to grown and learn. Perks include promotion opportunities based on job performance. Want to be a dog trainer? Or just to generally learn more about dogs and other animals and how they learn? Tails is willing to invest in you if you are willing to make us your long term investment too!
- Provide exceptional customer service by going above and beyond whenever possible
- Intimate knowledge of Tails’ products and an ability to inform customers of choices available and help them find the very best food and supplies for their pets (training will be provided)
- Accurate, efficient and friendly cashiering and collection of money tendered
- Maintain store and products in a clean, orderly fashion for presentation to customers
- Merchandise and stock shelves, rotate perishables, mark all food and supplies with appropriate prices
- Operate a computer POS system and perform all related procedures
- Contribute to the positive growth of Tails by enhancing the store’s reputation
- Other duties as required
Job Skill Requirements
- Incredible attention to detail
- Customer Service experience
- Cash handling experience
- Proven experience working with animals
- Ability to problem solve
- Motivated to work independently
- Computer literate, knowledge of Mac’s, word and excel an asset
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Willingness to walk up to 10 dogs off leash (with training)
If you’re passionate about customer service and animal welfare and want to build a dynamic retail career please submit your cover letter and resume either in person or by email to: shop (at) tailspets.ca